none
Uninstall Excel 2013 issues RRS feed

• Question

• I installed MS Office 2013 Pro Plus on my machine.  I had MS Office Pro Plus 2010 on my machine.  I did not uninstall MS Office Pro 2010 because I wanted to keep MS Access 2010 on my machine and did not know if I wanted to go to MS Access 2013.

I have had nothing but problems with the 2013 versions.  I use One Note as well and I was not ready to move my data to the new format.

Since I have had too many issues with the 2013 version, I decided to remove it from my machine.  I went through the unistall process and rebooted my machine.  However, if I try to open an Excel file from a directory, it appears to try to open it in 2013 and then crashes.

Therefore, even though I have uninstalled 2013, it is still causing me issues.  How do I resolve this?  I tried to go to MS Professional Plus 2010 and repair it.  However, it is not an option.

Please help!  I cannot get my work done efficiently!

Thanks!

Sunday, October 13, 2013 3:32 PM

Answers

• Hello mdgaw,

Right click on your excel file and choose open with and choose default program then click on browse

and a window will pop up and in that window go to c:/program files/office installation folder and select the excel.exe file and make sure you have always use the selected program to open this kind of file option is marked.

Please report back if you still have problem solving this.
    if it's solved please mark this as an answer to keep forum clean and make it easy to our moderators.

Monday, October 14, 2013 8:19 AM

All replies