SCCM 2012 An error has occurred during report processing (rsProcessingAborted) RRS feed

• Question

• I have this error on some reports i try to run in my customer

i rebuild all the Database and add the security rule for the report database

i gave the user Logon locally rights ,(and run as a services) also run as sysadmin

here is the error

Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportServerException
    An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Stack Trace:
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ServerReport.ServerUrlRequest(Boolean isAbortable, String url, Stream outputStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ServerReport.InternalRender(Boolean isAbortable, String format, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection urlAccessParameters, Stream reportStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.AsyncMainStreamRenderingOperation.RenderServerReport(ServerReport report)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.AsyncRenderingOperation.PerformOperation()
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportViewer.AsyncReportOperationWrapper.PerformOperation()
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ProcessingThread.ProcessThreadMain(Object arg)

-------------------------------

here is a log srsrp.log:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The policy for '#######\IT Department' user or group is not valid. The role assignment is either empty, specifies a user or group name that is already used in an existing role assignment for the current item, or specifies duplicate roles for the same user or group. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InvalidPolicyDefinitionException: The policy for '#######\IT Department' user or group is not valid. The role assignment is either empty, specifies a user or group name that is already used in an existing role assignment for the current item, or specifies duplicate roles for the same user or group.~   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2005Impl.SetPolicies(String Item, Policy[] Policies)~   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2005.SetPolicies(String Item, Policy[] Policies)

Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:05 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I was able to resolve this by checking the permissions on the SQL Server.  For some reason my SCCMClient account was no longer admin to the reporting database.  Hope this helps

• Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Tuesday, January 26, 2016 4:19 PM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:44 PM

All replies

• What do you mean by rebuilt all databases?

Did you give the execution account dbreader access to the CM12 db?

Do any of the reports work?

http://www.enhansoft.com/

Sunday, November 11, 2012 5:55 PM
  • I mean, I built the database of reports. Regardless of the user whom everything works is domain admin addition is also sysadmin on the sql + I assign this use with the  "dbreader" on the report databases, and yes some report do work, I done all in best practice also I uninstall the reporting services then stop sql reporting services and delete the reports database and stop the report virtual directory's (http://localhost/reports,http://localhost/serverreport) then I use the sql reporting services configurator ,and built the reporting database and reset the virtual directory and add the security settings on the reports then install the sccm report services from the console, now I see my reports and I it try to run some of them I get this error . 

Monday, November 12, 2012 7:39 AM
  • So you need to give dbreader on the CM12 db to the execution account.

Full admins will always be able to use the report site.  

Monday, November 12, 2012 1:17 PM
  • ok . the user name is sccm.admin this user have the assignment to run as a services, he is a domain admin, on the sql server this user have the sysadmin, i create the reporting with the Reporting Services Configuration Manager, and on the Database i use the sccm.admin to create the new database, on the Service Account i use sccm.admin user, also this user have local administrator on the SCCM server, + i give him the dbreader on All the database on the SCCM server witch it also the SQL server, i add the sccm.admin on the reporting web the system role and check the all settings give him full permissions

do i make my self clear ? (my English is not so bright )

now from the SCCM 2012 console , some reports run perfectly, and some run and trow this error at me

Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportServerException
    An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Stack Trace:
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ServerReport.ServerUrlRequest(Boolean isAbortable, String url, Stream outputStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ServerReport.InternalRender(Boolean isAbortable, String format, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection urlAccessParameters, Stream reportStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.AsyncMainStreamRenderingOperation.RenderServerReport(ServerReport report)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.AsyncRenderingOperation.PerformOperation()
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportViewer.AsyncReportOperationWrapper.PerformOperation()
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ProcessingThread.ProcessThreadMain(Object arg)

this poor gay have the same problem An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:57 PM
  • What happens when you access the SSRS natively, instead of from the CM12 console? Do all the reports work?

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:22 PM
  • I thought about it today in the way to work while waiting in traffic, I will give it try then I will return later with an answer very soon

here is report that is working from the SCCM console

same report that is working from the web

here is the error from the console :

Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.Internal.Soap.ReportingServices2005.Execution.RSExecutionConnection+MissingEndpointException
    The attempt to connect to the report server failed.  Check your connection information and that the report server is a compatible version.

Stack Trace:
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.Internal.Soap.ReportingServices2005.Execution.RSExecutionConnection.ProxyMethodInvocation.Execute[TReturn](RSExecutionConnection connection, ProxyMethod`1 initialMethod, ProxyMethod`1 retryMethod)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.Internal.Soap.ReportingServices2005.Execution.RSExecutionConnection.LoadReport(String Report, String HistoryID)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ServerReport.EnsureExecutionSession()
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ServerReport.SetParameters(IEnumerable`1 parameters)
       at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.AdminConsole.SrsReporting.ReportViewerWindowsForms.SetParameterValues_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

-------------------------------

System.InvalidOperationException

Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:35 AM

• Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:25 AM
  • Try this query.. This query will show you all the display names with potential invalid characters. Once you find them you need to fix the setup to remove them from each client.

select DisplayName0, 
      patindex('%[^ !-~]%' COLLATE Latin1_General_BIN ,DisplayName0) as [Position], 
      substring(DisplayName0,patindex('%[^ !-~]%' COLLATE Latin1_General_BIN,DisplayName0), 1) as [InvalidCharacter], 
      ascii(substring(DisplayName0,patindex('%[^ !-~]%' COLLATE Latin1_General_BIN,DisplayName0), 1)) as [ASCIICode] 
    from v_Add_Remove_Programs
    where patindex('%[^ !-~]%' COLLATE Latin1_General_BIN, DisplayName0) > 0

Friday, November 16, 2012 1:35 PM
  • what do you mean by "remove them from each client." ?.

clued this error create by  programs named in Hebrew inside "add and remove program"  then collect to the database, and Hebrew are not compatible with  Latin1_General collation so it creating problem
     is me yitzhak bohadana

• Edited by eizhak9 Sunday, November 18, 2012 11:48 AM
    Sunday, November 18, 2012 8:33 AM
  • I think you are right that the Hebrew characters are causing your problems.

1. For each of software title if you can edit the MSI display title to remove the Hebrew characters. This will prevent the issue from occurring on all new PCs.
    2. For existing PC, you will need to edit the registry on every PC to remove the invalid characters. Due to the sheer volume of PCs, I would create an small package that you can silently deploy to all WS that have invalid ARP display names, to change the display name. Within the same script after the display name has been changed, I would also force the Hardware inventory to perform a full inventory (not a delta). This will help fix the problem faster.

Does this make sense?

Sunday, November 18, 2012 7:43 PM
  • This is doable but tricky and complicated  . I will give a try , but I have a problem with this company ,they are developers company and they creating programs with "Hebrew" title I will try explained them to start give there program English title and not Hebrew .

but I have one more questing  Microsoft creating update in Hebrew title for Hebrew projects like Office, are you sure we can "edit the registry on every PC to remove the invalid characters" for Microsoft updates because they auto deploying from WSUS and every update will come and change the guid of the software back to Hebrew title  then what ? I can't run after my tailed

Monday, November 19, 2012 2:00 PM
  • Yes, I’m sure that you can edit the registry on each PC. Generally WSUS will use other detection methods (other than ARP data) to determine if a SU should be applied. So this will be a non-issue.

Monday, November 19, 2012 3:17 PM
  • Dear Garth,

First of all, thank you for your answer although I've tried that and that not working, so I guess your solution is not quite working for me… too bad.

Secondly, let me understand and explain you the situation (in case that you'll provide me a solution that work and I'll adopt happily) – if I'll install, for example, future windows updates so maybe there will be a future update(s) with Hebrew description, like we have now.

So should I modify the registry values again? It's annoying and not quite practical to large companies.

What do you say?

And again, thanks for trying help me.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:11 AM
  • I’m not sure what you mean but the solution is not working for you? Does this mean that you have edit the registry on all of those WS and force the hardware inventory to occur and data is not updating? Or are you seeing that WSUS is redeploying SU to those PCs?

Yes if you see any data within the registry value again, then yes you will need to fix it again on all affected workstations.  I understand that this is not a simple one time solution. Hence why I recommend that you create one or more scripts to edit the registry and have the script setup as and automatically deployment to all workstations. This script will need to be updated from time to time when there are new ARP entries with Hebrew characters.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:43 PM
  • here is a small script I try to do :

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{867DE0DC-A93F-41EA-9654-A212514FA946}" /v DisplayName /t REG_SZ /d "Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.2.4" /f

and for WOW64

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{90140000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}" /v DisplayName /t REG_SZ /d "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010" /f

now imagine this for like 200 programs this is not possible, I try to fix one  of them and then run WU and because it is the same GUID number guess what happened ?

the "DisplayName" come back to Hebrew title

and buy the way I cant know all program in all PC some have there on software's of there on then what I will bounce batwing workstation ?!

just to get the filing of this look this image :

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:38 AM
  • I guess you only option is to open a call with CSS. I would suggest starting with the CM12 CSS team. I have also emailed the product team to let them know about this issue. But with the Holidays in the US, I doubt that I will hear back from them before I go away on my holidays for a week.

• Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, March 7, 2015 4:46 PM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:19 PM
  • i have an update on the Problem here i think it is the root cause

why it failed to use Hebrew (to see the JPG click right click and click view image)

Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:04 AM
  • Hello,

I was able to resolve this by checking the permissions on the SQL Server.  For some reason my SCCMClient account was no longer admin to the reporting database.  Hope this helps

• Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Tuesday, January 26, 2016 4:19 PM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:44 PM