none
Windows 10 and silverlight RRS feed

• Question

• I have a program for work that uses Silverlight. I show it on my add ons and its enabled yet the program says I need it to run. So when I try to reinstall Silverlight it tells me its already there. I tried to uninstall and reinstall and it just not working. I need this to keep my job so can anybody help?

Katie

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 2:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Tools>ActiveX filtering to turn it on/off for the current site

or

double click on the Blocked content icon in the address bar (looks like a blue circle with a line through it.)

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Thursday, October 22, 2015 5:54 AM
  • Hi,

Firstly, could you please tell me what the program is and where you need to use Silverlight, browser or store App?

If it’s a web program, did you use Internet Explorer or Edge in Windows 10?  If you are using Edge, please switch to Internet Explorer due to Edge doesn’t support Silverlight.

For others, please check your Silverlight version, since it can be caused if the older program is not compatible with the latest Silverlight or Windows 10 itself, please try the compatible mode to run this program.

For another possibility, your current account do not have the permission, please run the program as administrator for test.

Please kindly tell us the result after you checking.

Best Regards

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 23, 2015 4:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Tools>ActiveX filtering to turn it on/off for the current site

or

double click on the Blocked content icon in the address bar (looks like a blue circle with a line through it.)

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Thursday, October 22, 2015 5:54 AM
  • Hi,

Firstly, could you please tell me what the program is and where you need to use Silverlight, browser or store App?

If it’s a web program, did you use Internet Explorer or Edge in Windows 10?  If you are using Edge, please switch to Internet Explorer due to Edge doesn’t support Silverlight.

For others, please check your Silverlight version, since it can be caused if the older program is not compatible with the latest Silverlight or Windows 10 itself, please try the compatible mode to run this program.

For another possibility, your current account do not have the permission, please run the program as administrator for test.

Please kindly tell us the result after you checking.

Best Regards

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 23, 2015 4:05 AM
  • Where is the blue circle? I am having such a hard time with this I want to watch the movies I purchased from Verizon Have tried in chrome and explorer I have been messing with this for 2 hours now  I can't watch w/out Silverlight I have tried everything I really like the blue circle suggestion but I can not find any circle at all If you know something to help PLEASE!!!!! write back to me My e-mail is carolesparacco44@yahoo.com or we can chat right here or on fb 
    Friday, January 8, 2016 10:58 PM
  • Hi Katie I was wondering if u managed to uninstall and reinstall Silverlight and if you dd manage to could you please tell me how u did it Thanks  
    Friday, January 8, 2016 11:00 PM
  • I am using windows 10 and my ip is Verizon and I purchased a bunch of movies from them and when I try to watch it tells me I need Silverlight and guides me to the downloading page so I download and then I am told to uninstall and reinstall the LATEST version of silverlight URGH!! Why didn't they tell me that firstly  If you can help PLEASE write back
    Friday, January 8, 2016 11:05 PM
  • tells me I need Silverlight

Ask Verizon?  No mention of Silverlight here

https://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/QuickGuides/index.htm

Netflix users seem to have the same confusion.  If your browser supports HTML5 you don't need the plugin.

It's possible that something is changing your User-Agent string to make it look as if you would need a plugin.  You could use the Developer Tools, Emulation tab to check.  (F12, Ctrl-7)

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, January 9, 2016 9:41 PM
    Answerer