none
Any SDLC adapter support 64bit HIS? RRS feed

• Question

• We have few customer still using old SDLC adapter for HIS server. I know it should switch to IP-DLC but we are not able to change the back-end in the next few years. The microgate SDLC adapter requires 32bit HIS which limited the choice. Any one can recommend a SDLC adapter which can be supported by 64bit HIS server?

Thanks

Thursday, February 19, 2015 4:09 PM

Answers

• You'd have to check with Microgate, but as far as I know they don't offer 64-bit versions of the HIS link service software that would be needed. HIS 2013 still support SDLC, but the link service needed for the SDLC adapters would have to be provided by the hardware vendor that supplies the SDLC adapter.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Thursday, February 26, 2015 5:00 PM

All replies

• I never came across a SDLC adapter that had 64-bit drivers while supporting HIS. Microgate is another vendor that still has SDLC adapters that can be used with HIS, but they only had 32-bit support the last time I checked.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Saturday, February 21, 2015 6:26 PM
  • I never came across a SDLC adapter that had 64-bit drivers while supporting HIS. Microgate is another vendor that still has SDLC adapters that can be used with HIS, but they only had 32-bit support the last time I checked.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Hi Stephen

So there is no hope for 64bit and SDLC? The 32 bit windows will be no support at 2020. Any other work around here?

Microgate does have the driver for 64bit. When you say "I never came across a SDLC adapter that had 64-bit drivers while supporting HIS. " Do you mean even there is a driver for 64bit windows, but the new SDLC link service will not be available in HIS?

I still see the SDLC as a link service option in HIS 2013.https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn149948.aspx  Does this only works under HIS2013 32bit?

• Edited by FireROR Sunday, February 22, 2015 11:09 PM
    Sunday, February 22, 2015 10:49 PM
  • You'd have to check with Microgate, but as far as I know they don't offer 64-bit versions of the HIS link service software that would be needed. HIS 2013 still support SDLC, but the link service needed for the SDLC adapters would have to be provided by the hardware vendor that supplies the SDLC adapter.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Thursday, February 26, 2015 5:00 PM