App-V 5 variable to get Get current username RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I don't find the variable in app-v 5 to get the current username and we have [{AppVCurrentUserSID}] is used to get the current user SID.

Appreciate any help and do we have any work around?

Thanks

Thursday, December 15, 2016 11:44 AM

Answers

• As I said there is no Appv5 Token for the username :).
    Instead of pointing to the exe directly, you could create vbs to start it for you, like:

Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    strUser = CreateObject("WScript.Network").UserName
    objShell.Run """C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\MSACCESS.EXE"" ""\\test03\app1\Users\"+strUser+"\access\test.accde""", 1, False
    Set objShell = Nothing

Roy Essers

Thursday, December 15, 2016 7:00 PM

All replies

• There is no token for the current username. Why do you need one? You could use %username%

Roy Essers

Thursday, December 15, 2016 12:52 PM
  • I have requirement to create the shortcut to launch the MS Access file from userprofile on network path but I don't find the App-V 5 variable to get the username used %username% in the below shortcut path. It was not working for me when used %username% variable

I know the variable to get SID for USER but not find the app-v 5 variable for username

Shortcutpath:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\MSACCESS.EXE" "\\test03\app1\Users\%username%\access\test.accde"

Any work around?

Thursday, December 15, 2016 1:52 PM
  • As I said there is no Appv5 Token for the username :).
    Instead of pointing to the exe directly, you could create vbs to start it for you, like:

Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    strUser = CreateObject("WScript.Network").UserName
    objShell.Run """C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\MSACCESS.EXE"" ""\\test03\app1\Users\"+strUser+"\access\test.accde""", 1, False
    Set objShell = Nothing

Roy Essers

Thursday, December 15, 2016 7:00 PM