Dns cache RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, im trying to clear my dns cache using the cmd as administrator. However, when i enter the command for displaydns it will show the cache im trying to flush. It will not flush the cache. When i command to display it takes a couple minutes to display the whole list. I only want to flush the dns
    Saturday, April 9, 2016 9:37 AM

Answers

• Hi Jesbaps,

According to your description, you are fail to use the command “ipconfig /flushdns” to clear your DNS cache.

Please check the article in the link below is about how to totally clear Windows 7 DNS cache

http://superuser.com/questions/536611/how-to-totally-clear-windows7-dns-cache

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 11, 2016 11:20 AM

All replies

• If you just want to flush the dns you simply type ipconfig /flushdns

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Saturday, April 9, 2016 11:08 AM
  • Hi Jesbaps,

According to your description, you are fail to use the command “ipconfig /flushdns” to clear your DNS cache.

Please check the article in the link below is about how to totally clear Windows 7 DNS cache

http://superuser.com/questions/536611/how-to-totally-clear-windows7-dns-cache

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 11, 2016 11:20 AM