Numbers, Letters, and My Mother RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

My mother just recently updated her computer and is working on Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11.  Her internet provider is shaw and she is using a desktop.  I'm including this because I'm not entirely certain where the problem lies.  She uses this one particular site that asks for her to login using a numbered user name and an alphanumeric password.  The first three numbers of the user name is always prepopulated.  The issue is when she goes to type in the rest of her numbers it instead transposes it into letters, always starting at a.  She tries typing her password in and instead of the letters she's typing it pops in different letters (ie instead of t it puts an i).  We found that sometimes if she deletes the prepopulated numbers then it'll let her type in as normal, but sometimes not.  We've also tried typing in everything on a notepad and copy and pasting and sometimes that works, but not always.  Her cookies are cleared and we make sure to allow them, we've made sure to include the website in the compatability settings, because she's using a desktop the function button isn't the issue and I've googled the crap out of this and can't seem to find a fix.  It is only the one website that she is having troubles with.  Her neighbour is having the same issue with his computer so I don't think it's something that she's done.  If you do have any suggestions/fixes, please respond. 

Thank you in advance,

Chy

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 10:23 PM

Answers