Outlook 2010 shows mail 'as read' after syncing with iPad of iPhone RRS feed

• Question

• After reading SOME mail/SOME messages on my iPad/iPhone - which is linked with my Outlook365-account (Outlook.com), the day after ALL my new unread mail at the office shows 'as read'. At the office I use Outlook 2010 (with profile: Outlook.com).  

Who knows what to do?

• Moved by Amanda B [MSFT] Friday, July 6, 2012 1:28 AM (From:Microsoft Online Services Customer Portal)
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 1:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Richrd,

For Office365 related issue, it is recommended to post the question in Office 365 forum.

Just for your reference, it is a commended issue that a mobile device can make email message to be read or unread after sync. GEnerally the issue can be disappears if we stop using the mobile device or if we apply the update service provided by the mobile device provider.

Hope it is helpful.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Fiona_Liao Monday, July 9, 2012 3:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fiona_Liao Friday, July 13, 2012 3:46 AM
    Friday, July 6, 2012 5:10 AM
  • Did you configure the iPhone to use POP to collect the emails?  POP always marks the server-side messages as read when you use it to do the sync.  If you did use POP, use IMAP instead - that doesn't mark the messages as read.

Mobile OWA For Smartphone
    www.leederbyshire.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

Friday, July 6, 2012 12:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Richrd,

For Office365 related issue, it is recommended to post the question in Office 365 forum.

Just for your reference, it is a commended issue that a mobile device can make email message to be read or unread after sync. GEnerally the issue can be disappears if we stop using the mobile device or if we apply the update service provided by the mobile device provider.

Hope it is helpful.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 6, 2012 5:10 AM
  • Did you configure the iPhone to use POP to collect the emails?  POP always marks the server-side messages as read when you use it to do the sync.  If you did use POP, use IMAP instead - that doesn't mark the messages as read.

Mobile OWA For Smartphone
    www.leederbyshire.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

Friday, July 6, 2012 12:53 PM