Why Client is not being migrated RRS feed

• Question

• I have just installed SCCM 2012 SP1. Configured discovery methods. created boundary:boundary range for one IP. created boundary group and added that boundary to this group.

Enabled the client push installation and set the account. But client is not being migrated. Existing 2007 client push is disabled. But client's site code is not being shown. I know I am missing something.

could any one please help me?

• Edited by raofu09 Thursday, May 30, 2013 12:00 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 11:53 AM

Answers

• It took extra bit of time almost 4 days. all has got the new site code. Now I am facing client migration problem. I will post another discussion.

Thanks everyone for extending helping hand.

• Marked as answer by raofu09 Wednesday, June 5, 2013 10:52 AM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 10:50 AM

All replies

• Does client install? What do you see in ccm.log on server? Have you added a Site System (DP) to the boundary group? 

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

• Edited by Gerry HampsonMVP Tuesday, June 25, 2013 10:17 PM Edited blog address
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 12:18 PM
  • Client is not being installed!!!!!  client's 'site code' is not being shown in the collection resources. 'site code' column is empty. I don't know what I missed.

adding Site System (DP) to the boundary group for client assignment and installation is not necessary. but I added though. still Client is not being installed.

Please help.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 12:56 PM
  • On the References tab, did you tick Use this boundary group for site assignment

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

• Edited by Gerry HampsonMVP Tuesday, June 25, 2013 10:17 PM Edited blog address
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:00 PM
  • "But client's site code is not being shown"

Not being shown where exactly?

Also, what kind of boundaries are you using? Were these set up and part of a site assignment boundary group before your initial AD System Discovery?

Have you reviewed ccm.log at all (as suggested)?

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:17 PM
  • Not being shown where exactly? -> In SCCM Console, site code column is empty for discovered clients.

what kind of boundaries are you using? -> IP subnet

Were these set up and part of a site assignment boundary group before your initial AD System Discovery? -> I discovered first then I created boundary and boundary group.

Have you reviewed ccm.log at all (as suggested)?-> No. could you please suggest what to look for.

@GARY

On the References tab, did you tick Use this boundary group for site assignment-> Yes

Friday, May 31, 2013 4:35 AM
  • Go thru this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925282 It is not for CM12 but most of the troubleshooting steps apply.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

Friday, May 31, 2013 4:36 AM
  • The link is in Arabic font I dont know why. could not go through

Friday, May 31, 2013 5:49 AM
  • "Not being shown where exactly? -> In SCCM Console, site code column is empty for discovered clients."

That still doesn't answer the question. Are you looking at a query, a report, a collection, the devices node, the properties of the system, or something else?

Have you run a full system discovery since setting up the boundaries and boundary group(s)?

Do you honestly know how an IP Subnet (boundary) works? It does *not* define a range of ip addresses, it truly defines an IP Subnet by IP Subnet ID. Also, are your AD sites set up with all of your subnets and are those subnets not aggregated? If you don't know what I'm refering to, then switch your boundaries to IP Range boundaries.

If you look at the ccm.log, it should be pretty obvious, but you can also follow the guide in the link that Kent posted.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Friday, May 31, 2013 12:57 PM
  • Jason, here I go again:

"Not being shown where exactly?

-> In SCCM Console device collection, site code column is empty for discovered clients."

Have you run a full system discovery since setting up the boundaries and boundary group(s)?

-> Yes, I have

Do you honestly know how an IP Subnet (boundary) works? It does *not* define a range of ip addresses, it truly defines an IP Subnet by IP Subnet ID. Also, are your AD sites set up with all of your subnets and are those subnets not aggregated? If you don't know what I'm refering to, then switch your boundaries to IP Range boundaries.

-> I have working sccm 2007 site. One of those boundaries I have created there. IP subnet 172.17.70.0 mask 255.255.255.0

If you look at the ccm.log, it should be pretty obvious, but you can also follow the guide in the link that Kent posted.

->I will look into the log.

Thanks for help. Any suggestions are welcome.

Saturday, June 1, 2013 4:38 PM
  • It took extra bit of time almost 4 days. all has got the new site code. Now I am facing client migration problem. I will post another discussion.

Thanks everyone for extending helping hand.

• Marked as answer by raofu09 Wednesday, June 5, 2013 10:52 AM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 10:50 AM