Dataview sheet disable on specific site RRS feed

• Question

• I have a site which the datasheet view was available but was greyed out today.  On other sites, the data sheet view is still available so I assume it is not a client side issue but site specific issue.  One of the admins has been tweaking the master page for the site. Could this caused the Datasheet view to be unavailable ? If not, what could be the possible cause for datsheet view being not available ?

Thanks

Gan

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 7:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Shelly,

Thanks for responding to my question. The view does not have grouping. Even with grouping datasheet view should still be available but the field that is used for grouping will not be available.

The good news is we have figured out and fixed the problem.  It is due to a rouge <div> code in the Master Page. 

• Marked as answer by Gan CW Friday, August 5, 2016 9:19 AM
    Friday, August 5, 2016 9:19 AM

All replies

• Hello Gan,

Is the view setting grouped by? If yes, the datasheet view is unavailable for you.  

Please go to "Modify the view" to change the setting of "Group by" to none like this.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 8:08 AM
  • Hi Shelly,

Thanks for responding to my question. The view does not have grouping. Even with grouping datasheet view should still be available but the field that is used for grouping will not be available.

The good news is we have figured out and fixed the problem.  It is due to a rouge <div> code in the Master Page. 

• Marked as answer by Gan CW Friday, August 5, 2016 9:19 AM
    Friday, August 5, 2016 9:19 AM