Qucik Question: Number of NICs for external interface RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have a quick question.

Can we set up two NICs for external interface on a UAG and publish two applications sometihng like

First NIC - uag.contoso.com with the certificate including *.contoso.com

Second NIC - uag.contoso.co.br with certificate including *.contoso.co.br

I will have a one NIC for internal interface.

With Best Regards,

Thursday, January 12, 2012 5:07 AM

All replies

• Hello deleuze,

you can have 1 external NIC with 2 IP, with 2 DIP and configure 2 trunks, where each one a have specific public IP address  and the  appropriate certificates.

Otherwise, you can effectively add an second  nic dedicated to your external IP Address. It will be more expensive but the prerequisites are only Windows system.

Spice IT
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:10 AM
  • Hi Amig@. There is no need to use two NICs for that configuration. Instead, use two IP addresses on the same NIC and configure two trunks (one per IP address).

Also, servers with more than two NICs can be out of the support boundaries. This has been discussed in some posts.

Hope it helps

// Raúl - I love this game
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:19 AM
  • kabel said's it's true. It's a trickly question.

Last year, support said only 1 external interface, the post below stay the discussion on air.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-ZA/Forefrontedgegeneral/thread/08c49b23-f631-4d80-ab5e-fded6379aeab

On appliance, I can have more than 2 nics ...

So technicaly, yes, may be you need to configure new rules in tmg, but if you can use two IP addresses on the same NIC, do it.

:)

Spice IT
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:30 AM