Will KB4054530 cause our sharepoint 2010 workflow to stop working inside our sharepoint 2013 farm RRS feed

• Question

• I want to install the following updates for "Windows Server 2008 R2", "Silverlight" & "Forefront Endpoint Protection". as listed inside our windows update tool:-

but i were reading this link which mentioned that the KB4054530 .net update will cause SP & Nintex workflows to stop working https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/rodneyviana/2018/09/13/after-installing-net-security-patches-to-address-cve-2018-8421-sharepoint-workflows-stop-working/.

now this link is back to September 2018 and it was saying that only third party workflows will get affected by the issue. but some users mentioned that inside SP 2010 even the sharepoint workflows stopped working, and the fix proposed inside the link did not fix the issue. so i am not sure if we will face any problem if we install the  KB4054530 .net security update, we have the following:-

1. sharepoint 2013 enterprise farm.

2. we have Team sites and enterprise wiki sites.

3. we are only using workflow 2010, which get fired when items/pages get updated or created.

so will install KB4054530 .net security update cause any problem for us?

Thursday, April 18, 2019 3:41 PM

All replies

• Hi johnjohn,

This update may cause issue on workflow. And Microsoft also announces that the security update of November 13, 2018 (KB4461511) contains improvements and fixes for this issue. So I would suggest you install this update also.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/4461511/description-of-the-security-update-for-sharepoint-foundation-2013

Note: If possible, please install the update on your test environment first.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, April 19, 2019 7:19 AM