Getting Windows 10 Updates via WSUS? RRS feed

• Question

• There are a number of us previewing Windows 10 within our organisation, and these machines reside in OUs which result in them getting updates via WSUS. I presume this configuration is the cause of there being no update ring or update build options within the OS. Looking at our WSUS, we have no Windows 10 product catalog for us to approve any updates. 

What's the expected update mechanism from Microsoft on Enterprise Previewers? I had assumed that the OS would be locked to updates direct from MS but it seems it is still working with WSUS.

Friday, November 21, 2014 10:52 AM

Answers

• Since Windows 10 is technical preview, it is not recommended to use it in company and in production environment. There would be a way to manage updates for Windows 10 in future like previous version of Windows, but as for Technical Preview, it is too earlier to support such feature.
    Friday, November 21, 2014 8:45 PM

All replies

• Since Windows 10 is technical preview, it is not recommended to use it in company and in production environment. There would be a way to manage updates for Windows 10 in future like previous version of Windows, but as for Technical Preview, it is too earlier to support such feature.
    Friday, November 21, 2014 8:45 PM
  • I have the same issue.  One developer has updated his primary system to Windows 10.  Our WSUS server reports the OS as being Windows Vista.
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 8:13 PM
  • Hey,

it's not fair to be honest. Of course you should not use a technical preview in a production Environment.

But it is possible to create a DEV active Directory which is using WSUS too.

So why not having a WSUS DEV product categorie to Support technical previews in WSUS from the Moment it is joined to a DEV Domain?

Regards,

Klaus

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:14 AM
  • I put the machine in question in a separate OU that did not inherit WSUS group policy. Fixed the problem.

Monday, April 27, 2015 7:59 PM
  • What if once the windows 10 is released? I cant move computers in and out of OU to update PCs to Win 10 Release, this will have a very negative effect on our working environment.

Is there going to be any way for WSUS to update the machines to Win10?

Just a lowly techie..

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 3:36 PM

• Hi,

today my Windows 2012 Wsus showed me Windows 10 as Produkt. I think it will work. It would be interesting, if the upgrade can be eine via Wsus too.

Regards,

christian

Friday, July 17, 2015 4:28 PM
  • I view Windows 10 machines as windows Vista too, but I can`t found updates.

In options I enable installing windows 10 updates. What else?

• Proposed as answer by q0p Tuesday, July 28, 2015 9:09 PM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2015 9:09 PM