Fresh install R2 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• Fresh install of 2012 R2 SP1. Read the articles about the SP2. The VL site lists "System Center 2012 Standard" then "System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and Endpoint Protection with Service Pack 2 Multilanguage" this downloaded file SW_DVD5_Sys_Ctr_ConfigMgr_and_Endpnt_Prtctn_2012w_SP2_MultiLang_MLF_X20-21849.ISO

Ran the splash screen and no more and it shows SCCM 2012 SP2 which I would suspect will install just SP2. Articles indicate there is SC2012_r2_SP1_Configmgr.exe with then activates the R2 feature but I can't see any mention of this on the VL site ??

Ian Burnell, London (UK)

Friday, June 12, 2015 10:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• That's correct. Jason explains it well here

http://blog.configmgrftw.com/service-pack-madness/

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

Friday, June 12, 2015 10:34 AM
  • Thanks - I have seen Jason's article. The issue is whether the VL download described above is sufficient or do you have to do the Microsoft Downloads to get the SC2012_r2_SP1_Configmgr.exe  in addition

Ian Burnell, London (UK)

Friday, June 12, 2015 12:09 PM
  • For a fresh install, you can install ConfigMgr 2012 SP2 from the media and then "enable" the R2 features by running the (small) R2 SP1 setup. Basically, R2 is just a feature pack now.

Also, which media doesn't really matter. They are all the same regardless of where you downloaded them from.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Friday, June 12, 2015 12:17 PM
  • The little file seems to be missing from VLC.

That's what I'm looking for on the VL site then :)

Ian Burnell, London (UK)

Friday, June 12, 2015 2:10 PM
  • It's there. You're looking in the wrong place. You need the ConfigMgr 2012 R2 with SP1 section. The 5MB file is listed there. It doesn't appear in ConfigMgr 2012 with SP2 as it isn't needed in that section.

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

Friday, June 12, 2015 5:03 PM
  • Thanks Gerry - I was in that section - not sure how the entry "Client management license with service pack 1" equates to R2 upgrade !! - will download it and try

thank you.

Ian Burnell, London (UK)

Friday, June 12, 2015 7:03 PM