Outlook.com inline images on RDS Farm RRS feed

• Question

• We are running a hybrid exchange environment.

Exchange 2013 on prem and O365.

All new hires are being directly added to O365 as we have begun migrating.

The problem is, we need to support both email servers in the Remote Desktop Farm.

So we offer Outlook Client to on prem email users and "new/O365" users we ask them to use outlook.com.

I have dug as deep as I can to figure out why our outlook.com users cannnot get an inline/embedded image to show regardless of browser, added trust contacts under junk mail. I do not have a way to turn of conversation mode in outlook.com from the user side.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:39 PM

All replies

• I found this too, they maybe connected: 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/8b647858-e213-48f7-ac7a-dcfdd7b84ac9/redirect-temporary-internet-files-using-gpo?forum=winserverGP

**ONLY for local machines does not aply to RDS - Remote Server Farm.***

Also found a mention of moving the users Temp Internet INetCache folder... via GPO for Farm Users?

So I tried at least a dozen different things I found online that seem to work for everyone else.  The fix for me was to move the Temporary Internet Files folder.  I simply went to Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > General Tab > Browsing History > Settings Button and choose Move Folder.  Restarted the computer and there I go - worked -.  Thank you for the suggestions.

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1952626-outlook-2016-will-not-display-web-linked-images

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, September 7, 2018 5:24 AM
    • Edited by CarolinaKipper Friday, September 7, 2018 3:09 PM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2018 4:11 PM
  • Hi CarolinaKipper,

So glad to see that your issue has been solved and thank you for sharing the fix here.

By the way, it's recommended to mark your reply as the answer so that your solution will benefit other community members who may encounter a similar issue.

Thank you for your understanding:-)

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, September 6, 2018 2:24 AM
    Thursday, September 6, 2018 2:24 AM
  • Hi CarolinaKipper,

I have proposed your reply as an answer for this thread. Please help to mark it as an answer so we can close off this thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread :)

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, September 7, 2018 5:25 AM
  • Perry,

That was not a resolution, rather than validation the issue exists... I have no solution to this problem as of yet.

The second post referred to users on local machines not RemoteDesktopSessions. 

I was hoping someone here had the fix?

Thanks,

Carolina Kipper

Friday, September 7, 2018 3:05 PM
  • >>I have dug as deep as I can to figure out why our outlook.com users cannnot get an inline/embedded image to show regardless of browser,

Are you using OWA? Not Outlook client?

Regards,

Perry

Monday, September 10, 2018 5:58 AM
  • Like I mentioned before we are a Hybrid Exchange environment. Half our users are on O365, other half on internal exchange 2013. 

Office 365 users are using a web browser. (Not OWA, its outlook.office.com) Those users do not get inline photo's.

Other RDS Farm users that get email from our "internal" email server Exchange 2013, are instructed to use the Outlook client.

That is the only way we know to support both user types on the RDS farm. 

My problem is the O365 browser users cannot get inline images or embedded images. 

This only occurs in the Farm login. When not on the RDS farm, and using a browser, the images are there.

Thanks,

Carolina Kipper

Monday, September 10, 2018 1:07 PM
  • Hi Carolina Kipper,

Thank you for your update. 

>>My problem is the O365 browser users cannot get inline images or embedded images. 

From your description, I'd like to recommend you to post this thread in this forum to get a better response.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 8:20 AM