Vista x64 and Sound Blaster Audigy 2zs 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried the drivers from Creative (which is for Beta 1), do not work. According to other posts and discussion forums, I am not the only person with this issue. Creative has posted that they will not issue drivers for any other Beta operating system. Microsoft please come out with a fix so I can continue to evaluate Vista x64.

I have :

Abit AN8 Ultra MB

AMD Athlon 64 3000 (939)

2 Gig  DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Memory

ATI x800 GTO 256 X 256 Video Card

Sound Blaster Audigy 2zs

Monday, July 10, 2006 10:51 AM

All replies

• I had the same issue with the 32bit Vista OS.  I did finally get the audio working with the Beta driver from Soundblaster but my MP3s and everything else were "staticy" so it wasn't even worth listening to anything.....contacted MS........
    Wednesday, September 6, 2006 3:24 PM
  • To get my Audigy 2 zs to work in full 7.1 in Vista x64 RC1 this is what i did -

1:- Uninstall any old drivers

2:- Make sure you have booted up using F8 and dissable Driver Signature Enforcement

3:- Download and install Creative's x64 drivers for Windows XP (yes XP)

4:- You then should get 2.1 sound only.

5:- Download and now install Creative Beta 2 drivers for Vista x64 (all still with driver signature enforcment dissabled)

6:- Check your sound property and you now should be able to get full 7.1 sound.

That is all i did, no file swaping, no pointing it to find drivers in differnt folders.

Note i still have to boot with F8 and dissable Driver Signature Enforcement other wise no sound at all. The BCDEdit trick does not work properly in RC1 for some reason.

Just got to get the EAX console to work now.

Thursday, September 21, 2006 10:42 AM
  • Does anybody know if there is a way to set the 'disable driver signiture enforcement' perminiantly so it efects every session and not just the current one?

thx in advance

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 11:28 AM
  • Try this option, it worked with my Audigy 4.... might work with your card..

http://neosmart.net/blog/archives/104

Steven
    Tuesday, September 26, 2006 12:49 PM
  • Not sure if it works in x64 but it does work with RC2 in 32 bit.

Install the Creative Beta driver.  7.1 Will still be hosed.

Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound >

Then in Sound click Manage Audio Device.

Right click your Audigy and choose configure speakers.  Change to 7.1 there.

The Creative Speaker config doesn't seem to actually link to the Vista Control Panel and set to 7.1 there.  Do it manually in Manage Audio Device and test speakers.  It should work.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 1:20 PM
  • I was having the same problem and went to all the forums.  What i did to get the drivers to work in vista was to first uninstall all the creative programs.  ALL OF THEM!!  then i unistalled the sound card itself from the device manager and everything related to creative.  I then d/l the driver and saved it to my desktop.  i created a new folder and opened the driver up with winrar and saved it to the folder i created.  i rebooted and when it says that windows has found new hardware..i ingnored it and ran the driver setup program.  it has worked fine so far, but you will not get surround sound..only stereo.  I have asked creative about this and thats all you will get..just stereo, but at least you have sound and can listen to music.
    creative labs soundblaster does not work in vista 64 bit.
    Friday, October 20, 2006 1:40 AM
  • ALSO VERY IMPORTANT!!!  hit f8 while booting and disable driver signing or it will not work.
    Friday, October 20, 2006 1:42 AM