Lync VNext servers Monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Our Lync team is testing Lync VNext version and they would like to monitor it from SCOM 2012. When I checked it in MP Catalogue, I can't find any related MP's. I have few questions out here.

1) Is there any MP officially released by MS.

2) Is our Lync 2013 MP is capable of monitoring the Lync VNext servers and is it able to discover the lync VNext sites?

Thanks in Advance :)

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 10:28 AM

Answers

• Checked Yan,

There is nothing related to Lync VNext. Let's confirm that Lync 2013 MP is not capable of monitoring Lync VNext.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Bhaskar K 

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, November 4, 2014 8:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, November 10, 2014 2:04 AM
    Tuesday, November 4, 2014 6:45 AM

All replies

• Here's Lync 2013 Management Pack with documentation

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35842

Lync Vnext is based on Lync 2013 so it should be capable to monitor it

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:36 PM
  • Thanks for your reply Mai.

Discovery is not happening as expected for Lync VNext nodes. Do we need to make any configuration from SCOM side for getting those Lync VNext nodes to be discover by Lync 2013 MP.

Monday, October 27, 2014 12:39 PM
  • Hi,

Would you please find out the discovery rules by seaching for keyword "Vnext", and check out whether there is such a rule and if there is, make sure it is enabled.

In addition,  please also try to Allow the lync server to act as a proxy and discover managed objects on other computers.

Regards,

Yan Li

Regards, Yan Li

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 5:27 AM
  • Thanks Yan Li for responding.

I tried checking the object discovery rules and can't find any discovery related to Vnext. All the VNext nodes proxy has been enabled and still no luck.

Tried checking the MP guide to find anything related to VNext and unfortunately couldn't find anything. Is Microsoft officially support Lync VNext monitoring from Lync 2013 MP?

Regards,

Bhaskar K

Thursday, October 30, 2014 1:25 PM
  • Hi,

I searched the internet and cannot find any official documents regarding to Vnext monitoring. I would like to suggest you go through the Lync 2013 MP guide to get more information.

Regards,

Yan Li

Regards, Yan Li

Friday, October 31, 2014 4:43 AM
  • Checked Yan,

There is nothing related to Lync VNext. Let's confirm that Lync 2013 MP is not capable of monitoring Lync VNext.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Bhaskar K 

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, November 4, 2014 8:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, November 10, 2014 2:04 AM
    Tuesday, November 4, 2014 6:45 AM