none
Fresh Windows 10 installed and Event Viewer shows a lot of Errors

Question

• Hi,

I bought a new 1 TB Hard drive and installed a fresh windows 10 professional. When i went to event viewer i could see a lot of errors and warning messages nearly 200+. Could someone help me?

Friday, April 28, 2017 1:07 PM

All replies

• I have 128 error \ warning events so not good but a 'few' normal in a new Windows 10. Mine install yesterday.

Some errors will be cause by the early running of windows, so any better now?

Also you are looking at Administrative Events that just shows errors and warnings, so perhaps look at the other event logs to put these in context.

Search on the internet or search this forum for any specific errors you see and see what that finds.

Sunday, April 30, 2017 10:10 PM
  • Hi ,

First of all, please run the "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" command to scan and repair your system components. And, check if the same issue occurs when logged in through a different user account.

Besides, here are some similar cases for your reference. Hope they will be helpful
    For Event ID 10016, some user fixed it using this method. Just for your reference.
    Error - Event ID: 10016; DistributedCOM
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/error-event-id-10016-distributedcom/130522d2-beac-4495-980a-65e1e3279901

Windows 10 error id 69 app model runtime (photos)
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-error-id-69-app-model-runtime-photos/92fc7e55-997e-49da-86ce-4150295ca627

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 01, 2017 2:49 AM
  • This issue happens on ALL Win10 installs - up to and including release 1803 - and the worst part about this is that these errors are caused by Microsoft - the Windows setup code doesn't generate an error free installation. Microsoft do not seem to think this should be required on a fresh install. 

Some of the Event Log errors are generated as the system installs and get "fixed" as the install completes and collects initial updates - and do not continue to be generated.

Other errors such as the AppModel-Runtime errors (the most numerous type) are persistent and are logged at each reboot - they require user action to fix. I ran a PowerShell script to re-register all Win10 Apps which fixed the AppModel-Runtime errors (just Google "re-register all Win 10 Apps"). 

The more annoying errors (Distributed COM) are caused by incomplete or incorrectly set registry permissions that do not allow certain system operations to function. Most of theses errors can be fixed but the fixes are very tricky as they require editing protected registry settings owned by the Trusted Installer account. Best left alone unless you are brave and very careful. 

Most of the errors do not seem to cause any actual run-time issues - but make it much more difficult to spot any real errors due to the "background noise" of all these unfixed installer issues. I personally expect to start with a clean Error Log on a new clean Windows installation - but since Win 8 this has not been the norm - and seems to be getting worse not better. 

Saturday, July 21, 2018 3:27 PM
  • To evaluate the computer environment please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command.

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use 7zip and one drive or drop box to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

This command will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

There is one file for you to find manually: 

dxdiag:  In the left lower corner search type:  dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread

Please remember to vote and to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Sunday, July 22, 2018 1:43 AM