Could Azure RMS encrypt for GROUP ? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to encrypt the local file for multiple users, but I always add one E-mail address by another E-mail address, and so on. Where could I set the encryption for ONE GROUP or ONE Department if I put all users' E-mail address who are recipients in single group?
    Thursday, May 21, 2015 6:17 AM

All replies

• What application or method are you using to protect the file?
    Monday, June 1, 2015 3:48 PM
  • Hi,

I use Azure RMS to encrypt the file, and I want to encrypt the files for one group directly, but I don't know how to do it.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 5:15 AM
  • How are you encrypting the file with Azure RMS?  For example, using the RMS sharing application and right-clicking the file for Protect in-place, using native IRM protection for a Word document, using another application that natively supports RMS, using Windows PowerShell, the RMS SDK and a programming method ... 

Azure RMS is the backend service that does the encryption but there are lots of different ways to implement the technology so that you can use it, and the functionality (such as whether you can specify a group) can vary between them.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 8:59 PM
  • You CAN do this, but the group must be email enabled, so you can use the group email.

You could also do this with a template by specifying the users in the template itself.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 3:44 PM