none
Lost in the Redirection

Question

• I keep an Access database in My Documents.  We have a group policy redirecting documents to our server\userhomes\%username%\My documents.  

I was experimenting with a group policy to redirect My Documents to %onedrive%\Documents, so that our My Documents would be stored in our One Drives. I did make a backup of My Documents before I applied this policy.

That group policy didn't seem to take, and I decided against it.  So I put myself back int the group that first redirection Policy applies to.  And my database seemed to be happily returned to its home on our server, or so I thought.

Then one day my database was gone.  Nowhere to be found.  There's the backup of it I made, but it's months old.  

We have a three-pronged backup system: tape, external hard drive, and cloud.  All three only have the old database.  

I'm nearly desperate to recover my database.  I'm the IT guy here, the one constantly preaching that if you data doesn't live in three places, it doesn't exist.  Now I'm eating my words!  

Any recommendations would be most welcome.

Matthew

Monday, July 13, 2015 4:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Matthew,

If you are using OneDrive for business when you delete an item from OneDrive for Business or team site library, deleted items go into the recycle bin, where they stay until they’re automatically removed 90 days later, may you can ask the O365 service for the further help.

More details please refer the following thread:

https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/154/t/239255

I’m glad to be of help to you!

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 9:52 AM

All replies

• Any chance it still lives in your OneDrive account (accessed through onedrive.com)?

Do you have shadow services enabled? If so, you can restore the file that way.

If my answer helped you, check out my blog: Deploy Happiness

Monday, July 13, 2015 5:21 PM
  • Sadly, it's not in my OneDrive, and I don't have shadow services running.   I have relied on your Deploy Happiness blog in the past, thank you for it!!

Matthew

Monday, July 13, 2015 7:09 PM
  • Hi Matthew,

If you are using OneDrive for business when you delete an item from OneDrive for Business or team site library, deleted items go into the recycle bin, where they stay until they’re automatically removed 90 days later, may you can ask the O365 service for the further help.

More details please refer the following thread:

https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/154/t/239255

I’m glad to be of help to you!

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 9:52 AM