none
Disable Telemetry on Windows 10 Pro RRS feed

• Question

• We are rolling out Windows 10 Pro v1809 in our office environment and I want to disable as much telemetry data as possible. I understand that with ONLY the Pro version I'm not able to do much via GPOs, but are there other ways? For example, would it be possible to block the end points listed in the below link via our corporate firewall?  Not sure if those sites listed are correct or if it would introduce even more issues...I just really don't want to transmit any data to Microsoft that I don't have to.

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/a-traffic-analysis-of-windows-10-2/

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 10:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10 Pro, please try the following steps:

1. Open Registry Editor and go to the following Registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection

2. If you do not have such a Registry key, then just create it. There you need to create a new a 32-bit DWORD value named AllowTelemetry and set it to 0.

3. Open Services and disable the following services:

Diagnostics Tracking Service

dmwappushsvc

4.  Restart Windows 10 for changes to take effect.

Hope these can help you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 4, 2019 7:06 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 12, 2019 2:48 AM
  • Hi,

Since you have not responded for a long time, we will temporarily archive this post.

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best

Thursday, April 18, 2019 8:02 AM