none
How to upgrade SCCM sp2 to SCCM R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Support,

I can't upgrade my SCCM 2012 SP2 TO SCCM 2012 R2. When I run SCCM setup, which does not allow me choose Upgrade function, only allow me either remove SCCM or install it. My PC has Windows server 2012 R2 running. Please be advise.

Thanks

Yongbin

• Edited by Yongbin Tuesday, August 15, 2017 8:39 PM
    Tuesday, August 15, 2017 8:38 PM

All replies

• Hello Yonbing

when you have  SCCM 2012 SP2 you only can upgrade to  SCCM R2  2012 SP1.

yonbing read this doc

this doc describe the correct and supported paths to upgrade sccm 2012 version .and describe the step by step the way to do the upgrade in every version of sccm.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj822981.aspx

"When all sites in a hierarchy run System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP2, you can upgrade the hierarchy to System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager SP1."

To upgrade:

• Run the System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager SP1 installation at the top-tier site of a hierarchy. Unlike a Service Pack which must be installed on each server, you run this upgrade only once at the top-tier site of your hierarchy. This action then enables System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager SP1 features to each site in the hierarchy.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TO UPGRADE  you need from CMD execute  SC2012_R2_SP1_CONFIGMGR.EXE  !!!!!!!

regards.

hope help you

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 5:26 PM