none
Editing predecessor task in Project Web App RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Can someone give me a hint how to show (in which view) the Predecessor column when creating tasks through Project Server 2013 web application?

Thanks!

Monday, February 25, 2013 11:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To add the Predecessor column in any of views, Go to Server Settings>Manage Views under Look & Feel section > Select a Task based view (From under Project Section) > Select Predecessor from available fields list > Add > Use up down buttons to specify position in the view and Save. Now you can use this field to set Predecessors while creating tasks from the web itself. However, apparently, you can only set finish to start dependency using the Web Interface. It gives  an error if you try to set a Predecessor with FF, SS or SF dependency, as could be done in Project Server 2010. Atleast this is how it works in the Online version of Project Server. Will come back with an update as soon as I have one. Hope this helps for now.

Thanks

Atul

Monday, February 25, 2013 12:31 PM
  • Did you find out if there is a reason for the error?  I get the same error when adding FF, SS, SF, etc. in PWA 2013.  If I create it in Project Pro and publish it, it appears appropriately in PWA, but if I try to change it in PWA, I get the thing "Error in Schedule"
    Thursday, April 3, 2014 3:20 PM
  • Hi,

How do you exactly proceed?

I just tested it with a Project Online instance and it works:

• Add the predecessor column in a task view
    • Open the project and go to the Schedule PDP
    • Edit the plan
    • Enter 3SS (for me it is 3DD in french)
    • Save and publish

Here is a screenshot:

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Thursday, April 3, 2014 3:34 PM