Categories not staying their color. RRS feed

• Question

• I use the categories functions to organize emails. in to 2 groups green-finished job and orange-done jobs.

when i get an email i put it into the orange category so i know i need to do what that email has asked me, and once ive done that i switch it to green so i know i have finished said job. 

my issue is this morning i went and categorized my emails and everytime  the outlook email refreshes the categories i have assigned just go back to normal as if i haven't done anything with them. 

Can anyone help me with how to stop that from happening. It was working fine yesterday and today is the first time i have had this problem. 

YES I RESTARTED AND LOGGED OFF AND ALL THE OTHER IM AN IDIOT IDEAS 

Tuesday, February 4, 2020 3:35 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Are you using the Outlook desktop client? If so, what's the version of your Outlook? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.
    What's the type of your account? POP or Exchange? Please try to log in to the web mailbox to see if the assigned categories exists and if the issue can be reproduced.

>> my issue is this morning I went and categorized my emails and everytime the outlook email refreshes the categories I have assigned just go back to normal as if I haven't done anything with them.  
    Did all the categories you assigned disappear? Or those green categories you assigned changed back to orange?

>> It was working fine yesterday and today is the first time I have had this problem.
    What specific operations did you do before this problem occurred?

In order to further research your problem, please try the following suggestions :

1. Corrupted main category list may cause this issue. Please try running the /remigratecategories command to rebuild the Master Category list and see if it works(Press Win + R, type “Outlook.exe /remigratecategories”, press Enter).
    2. Corrupted profile can be a cause of this problem. It is suggested for you to try to create and use a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.
    3. If the problem continues, please try to repair your Office.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 7:38 AM
  • Hi ,

Have you got your issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

Any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 7, 2020 11:26 AM