none
Adding 2008R2 Domain controller to exiting forest based on 2012R2

Question

• Hi there! Need some help and more than one clear brain. I need to adding 2008R2 DC to Primary 2012R2 DC. So, main problem is I can't get access to 2008R2 DC from 2012 console. It is show a message that domain controller is not operational. In command line I can ping only ip address of 2008R2 but when I try to ping and use domain name I can't. In the other side I have access from 2008R2 console to 2012R2 console. Also, 2012R2 available from 2008R2 by ping command. Does anybody know why 2012R2 can't get access to 2008R? Forest Functional level and Domain functional level both 2008R2 on both servers.
    • Edited by MikeYChchc Friday, March 10, 2017 3:50 AM
    Friday, March 10, 2017 3:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

Did you check the DNS for necessary records? Replication working fine between DC's?

Give us the dcdiag /v output.

Regards,
    Rafic

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote.
    If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Friday, March 10, 2017 6:10 AM
  • Hi

Please check the health status of problematic DC,run "dcdiag",and also check the ipconfig with "ipconfig /all" then make sure necessary ports accessible and FW already disable on this dc.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Friday, March 10, 2017 7:07 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue is going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, March 17, 2017 9:33 AM