Exchange 2007 primary addresses based on custom attribute RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to export Exchange mailboxes that have a custom attribute 13 of "Spain" and "Ireland".  I need to then add a new SMTP address for them import and make it there primary, is this possible?

I looked at Get-Mailbox | select PrimarySmtpAddress | Export-CSV C:\temp\allmailboxes.csv but it does all and I can't see away of adding a new column and apply their new SMTP address and make it their primary?

I was hoping I could use some of your experiences.

Thanks

Friday, December 6, 2013 10:06 AM

Answers

• If your intention is to simply create a different SMTP address and make it their primary SMTP address, why not consider using a E-Mail Address Policy?

If the new SMTP address can be generated using the normal variables (%m, %g, %s, etc.) then all you'd have to do is make the contents of CA13 the discriminator and place the new policy (or policies) ahead of the ones you have now.

new-emailaddresspolicy .... -ConditionalCustomAttribute13 'Spain' . . .

new-emailaddresspolicy .... -ConditionalCustomAttribute13 'Ireland' . . .

Or just use the GUI to create the policy if it's only a simple set of conditions.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Saturday, December 7, 2013 9:24 PM

All replies

• If your intention is to simply create a different SMTP address and make it their primary SMTP address, why not consider using a E-Mail Address Policy?

If the new SMTP address can be generated using the normal variables (%m, %g, %s, etc.) then all you'd have to do is make the contents of CA13 the discriminator and place the new policy (or policies) ahead of the ones you have now.

new-emailaddresspolicy .... -ConditionalCustomAttribute13 'Spain' . . .

new-emailaddresspolicy .... -ConditionalCustomAttribute13 'Ireland' . . .

Or just use the GUI to create the policy if it's only a simple set of conditions.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Saturday, December 7, 2013 9:24 PM
  • Hi,

We can refer to Rich Matheisen’s suggestion. E-mail address policies can generate the primary and secondary e-mail addresses for your recipients (which include users, contacts, and groups) so they can receive and send e-mail. We can create new E-Mail Address Policies for your Exchange mailboxes that have a custom attribute 13 of "Spain" and "Ireland" respectively.

Here are some examples about custom SMTP E-mail Address Policy below:

How to Create an E-Mail Address Policy By Using Recipient Filters

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb232194(v=exchg.80).aspx

E2K7: Creating Custom SMTP E-mail Address Policies Utilizing Various Replacement String Combinations

http://blogs.technet.com/b/ericnor/archive/2009/04/30/e2k7-creating-custom-e-mail-address-policies-utilizing-various-replacement-string-combinations.aspx

Thanks,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 6:05 AM