none
FormatMultivaluedList issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have an issue with the FormatMultivaluedList function. If format the query similar to the examples in the function description

/FormatMultivaluedList("/GroupMembership[GroupObject='{0}']", [//Target/ObjectID])

Example on GitHub: /FormatMultivaluedList("/Person[Manager='{0}' and ObjectID=/Group[ObjectID='{1}']/ExplicitMember]", [//Delta/Owner/Added/ObjectID], [//Target/ObjectID])

but I always receive an error "The function 'FormatMultivaluedList' is improperly formatted or is missing a required parameter. Execution mode: Resolve."

WAL (2.16.0130.0): 06/05/2017 17:30:47.3432: ExpressionFunction : Run: Exception in 'ExpressionFunction : Run'. Details: MicrosoftServices.IdentityManagement.WorkflowActivityLibrary.Exceptions.InvalidFunctionFormatException: The function 'FormatMultivaluedList' is improperly formatted or is missing a required parameter. Execution mode: Resolve. ---> MicrosoftServices.IdentityManagement.WorkflowActivityLibrary.Exceptions.InvalidFunctionFormatException: The function 'FormatMultivaluedList' expects second parameter to be of type 'List`1' or 'String'. It was supplied a 'Guid' parameter.

at MicrosoftServices.IdentityManagement.WorkflowActivityLibrary.Common.ExpressionFunction.FormatMultivaluedList()

at MicrosoftServices.IdentityManagement.WorkflowActivityLibrary.Common.ExpressionFunction.Run()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---.

My query and the example on GitHub reference to an object ID. Also the function ConvertToString does not accept an GUID as input. Any suggestions how to address this issue?

Best regards,

Christian

IAM Consultant

Monday, June 5, 2017 4:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• You need to upgrade. Check the release notes for 2.16.1028.0. Older versions only supported strings.
    Monday, June 5, 2017 4:33 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks for the fast reply. It works now with the lastest version. 

The Supported Version information on the Wiki says 2.16.0130.0. So maybe you could update this information to 2.16.1028.0. 

Thanks

IAM Consultant

Monday, June 5, 2017 5:12 PM
  • Updated wiki with function capabilities over various versions.
    Monday, June 5, 2017 5:54 PM
    Owner