Rendering a PPS analytics chart in aspx page? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a couple of questions:
    1) I have created a analytic chart that is using SSAS measures and dimenstions. Now I want to retreive that chart in my custom aspx page. Is it possible?

2) I have drill down and drill up options in the chart. But is it possible to capture what is the current dimension that is being used by the chart after a drill down.

Please suggest
    Thanks
    Thanks & Regards Sridhar
    Friday, June 26, 2009 12:19 PM

All replies

• This product was really only intended to work with WSS and SharePoint.  You can take a look at a couple of forum threads for some additional information and advice - Publishing PPSM and PPSA in aspx .net page and PerformancePoint Dashboards inside Custom ASP.NET Web Application (without SharePoint Services).  The next release of PPS will be entirely in SharePoint Server Enterprise 2010 release as PerformancePoint Services, so in order to get the new features you will need to be using SharePoint.

As far as your second question are you referring to cross drilling?  I am assuming so, because if you drill down or up you would still be in the same dimension.  Cross drilling woudl be like if you are currently viewing sales data by geography and then cross drill over to a different dimension like products?  If so, what are you trying to do that you need to know what dimension you are looking at?  As of right now you are unable to link report items together, so I am not sure what you are trying to do that you need this information.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, June 26, 2009 1:12 PM