Sharepoint Dashboard site is giving access denied, but not settings pages. RRS feed

• Question

• Environment: Windows Server 2008, Sharepoint (MOSS) 2007, Team Foundation Server 2010

Summary: I have a sharepoint environment that I had to move to a new domain controller without access to the old one. I recreated all of the service accounts and reset the credentials for the services startup, the app pools, the search service, and the databases themselves and analysis, and reporting services. I also added myself as a site collection administrator, and the owner of the web application and the administrator of the web application.

Scenario: I try to go to the dashboard at http://localhost:8080/vsts/DefaultCollection and it gives me an access denied error. However if I go to http://localhost:8080/vsts/DefaultCollection/_lyaouts/user.aspx it opens fine. This makes me think that it is not actually a permissions issue. I checked, and I am listed as the site collection administrator. I also added myself to the policy for the web app with full control. I have checked everywhere I could think of. If anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
    Noah
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 7:07 PM

Answers

• The issue ended up being that I( had switched the app pool service accounts, but not the service accounts for the web applications in Central Administration -> Operations -> Service Accounts.
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 4:03 PM

All replies

• The issue ended up being that I( had switched the app pool service accounts, but not the service accounts for the web applications in Central Administration -> Operations -> Service Accounts.
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 4:03 PM
  • Hi Noah,

I’m glad to hear that you got it working.
    Thank you for sharing your solutions & experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

Thanks,
    Lhan Han
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 1:36 AM