none
Inconsistent behaviour on top menu

Question

• Hi! I have a customer site where the text for the Root object for the top menu changes depending on where I am.

I have changed the title for the root site to "Start" from the default "groupsite for CompanyX".

In the top menu when I am on a settings page the item in the top menu says "Start" as aspected, but when I am on a site page the menu is still "Groupsite for CompanyX". This feels like a bug or have I missed something?

Here is the site setting:

Here is a screenshot from the sitesettings page. As you can see the menuitem for the root is here "Start"

And this is a screenshot from the startpage. As you can see the text in the menu item is here not "Start" as expected

Any tips on how to make the text "Start" in the item everywhere?

Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:04 PM

All replies

• Check the URL for the page at each location - ask your customers to send you ALT+PRTSCR so that you get the entire browser page, including the address bar.  Are the URLs all exactly the same?
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:27 PM
  • If you mean that it is the same tenant so yes... it is the same tenant, the three examples you see above is startpage for the tenant (companyx.sharepoint.com/sitepages/startpage.aspx) the other pages are subpages in the same site.
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:48 PM
  • Hi Magnus.Jansson,

Are you using SharePoint Online?

Please clear the browser cache and re-start the browser to see if the issue persists.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 27, 2017 11:42 AM
  • The root site and all of its subsites can have different global navigation configurations.  The Global Navigation settings for all sites must be exactly the same if you want the Global Navigation to be the same.

Check the top level site and each of the subsites to ensure that the Global Navigation settings are exactly the same.  Also, when on the Navigation settings page for each site, check to be sure that no manual entries have been added.

Monday, March 27, 2017 3:26 PM
  • Hi Magnus.Jansson,

Is there any update?

Please also check if there some scripts in the page to hide the link.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:49 PM