Skype for Business and Lync 2013 - Call via work with Cisco CUCM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we are performing an upgrade of Lync 2013 to SfB. This costumer has two Standard Edition Pools in the topology and the are configured for RCC with a Cisco CUCM.

Since SfB doesn't support RCC, we have perform the upgrade on one of the pools to the SfB and migrated a few users and did the configuration for Call via Work, but are having some problems. When we start the call on the SfB client, we do in fact get the call on our Cisco phone, correponding to the first call leg, but as soon as we pickup, the call just gets dropped and the other part never rings.

Has anyone faced this issue? Is Call via Worked supported on a mixed topology with L2013 and SfB?

Thanks for the help.

Jason

Thursday, December 22, 2016 9:16 PM

All replies

• few things before moving furhter, please confirm

your skype user must be having DDI number,?

you can able to make call forwarding and simultaneous calls from your skype client?

Friday, December 23, 2016 9:03 AM
  • Hi Jason,

Welcome to our forum.     

Call via work is supported on a mixed topology with Lync server 2013 and SFB server 2015. Call via work is working when all users are homed on SFB server 2015. If all users have been homed on SFB server 2015, please refer to the following link to check call via work’s setting as the following link:
    http://www.lyncinsider.com/voip/skype4b-features-call-via-work/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.           

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 23, 2016 9:53 AM
  • Hello Sepesush,

do you mean the calling user? Yes, the do have an extension configured (for example 412). Haven't tried the Call Fw or simultaneous calls. But if I disable the call via work , the user is able to make normal voice call to the PBX extension using his skype client.

Friday, December 23, 2016 10:46 AM
  • Hello Jim Xu,

When you refet that all users are homed on the SfB pool, does that mean that ALL users must be migrated to the SfB? We cannot do a phased migration?

Yes, I've already followed that link, the configuration isn't that hard.

If i disable the call via work, the user is able to make enterprise voice calls.

I've done a wireshark capture on the SfB server and what I see is the for some reason the second call leg it tries to call CallViaWorkCallerId (503), instead of the number that I want to call.

Does this make any sense?

Friday, December 23, 2016 10:55 AM
  • Hi Jason,

I mean that if we want to configure call via work, we must move user to the Skype for business 2015. To this issue, we suggest you re-run “Request, Install or Assign Certificates” on SFB server 2015 as the following snapshot:

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 26, 2016 6:40 AM
  • Hello Jim,

the users that I'm configuring for Call Via Work are migrated to the SfB pool, so that's not an issue.

I already ran the Certificate setup on both FE.

Any other idea?

Jason

Monday, December 26, 2016 9:08 AM
  • Hi Jason,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest you post all call logs to us, and tell us more details which you have done to configure call via work.

Below is the process that one Skype for Business user who enable call via work to make a call:

1. The user selects a user in their Skype for Business client, and clicks the phone icon to call them. Or, during an IM conversation, the user clicks to call the user they are having the session with.
    2. The PBX phone of the user who placed the call starts to ring. The caller ID for this phone shows a global phone number which you have set up to show in the caller ID of all users placing Call Via Work calls. This global phone number is not an actual phone number that corresponds to any one person's phone. Instead, it is a visual signal to let a user know that this is their own outgoing call, and not an incoming call happening at the same time. When you deploy Call Via Work, you should educate those users about this global phone number and what it means.
    3. The user who placed the call picks up their PBX phone. Skype for Business then initiates the voice call to the callee.
    4. When the callee answers, the voice call begins. If the two users already had an IM session going, it can continue.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Monday, January 2, 2017 12:00 PM
    Friday, December 30, 2016 9:00 AM