Windows 7 takes forever to boot up after backup fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

so i was backing up my laptop HD into a new image the other day, it took over 24 hours....so when i woke up the next day i saw that i had to re-log in, i figured out that i the laptop had restarted itself.  The next thing i noticed was that it also did a windows update because it "competed successfully" and then finally, i saw that the backup failed....after waiting over 24 hours for it to finish.  and on top of that, my laptop is really slow now!

why? what happened? this is really bothering me.  Please give me some help, i use this laptop for my university work.  Your help would be much appreciated!

Saturday, August 14, 2010 3:44 PM

Answers

• Maybe the system restarts during the backup. You should configure the Automatic Update settings during backup.

I suggest you restore the system to a previous version. If System Restore cannot repair the system, I suggest you launch your Windows 7 installation program and do In-place Upgrade to repair the system. Your personal data and programs will not be removed. However I still suggest you back up important data before In-place Upgrade.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, August 27, 2010 9:25 AM
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:13 AM