none
Inventory scanning is successful, but performance gathering is not. RRS feed

• Question

• I am running the MAP tool in my environment. I am able to successfully connect to all of my Windows servers and see the WMI information about their processors, memory, OS version, IP address, etc. When I run a 30 minute performance gathering test on them, only 12 of the 28 or so servers I'm scanning are reporting information. The rest of the servers aren't even appearing in the list of clients in the "CollectionStatistics" tab of the results spreadsheet.

The 16 failing servers are successful in reporting their inventories, though, so I know WMI is enabled and the credentials I provided are correct.

Troubleshooting procedures I've done:

- pinged the server by name and IP successfully
    - Opened computer management (compmgmt.msc) and used the "connect to remote computer" option.  While connected I verified that Remote Registry is started and running.
    - Successfully established Telnet connections to the servers failing to report performance metrics on port 445 and 139.
    - used wbemtest to successfully establish a connection to the remote servers. I was able to run the query "select * from win32_useraccount" and observe results returned.

At this stage I'm not sure what other tests to perform for troubleshooting. Has anyone else encountered this problem or have any advice as to how I can get these non reporting servers to start dumping performance data?

Monday, May 12, 2014 7:55 PM

All replies

• The performance data collector requires remote registry to be enabled. See this TechNet Wiki article for more information: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/12163.map-prepare-the-environment-remote-registry-service.aspx

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, May 12, 2014 8:40 PM
  • Read my second list item in troubleshooting procedures I've already done.
    Monday, May 12, 2014 9:17 PM
  • You can test if the connection is being blocked by opening RegEdit on the MAP machine, the going to File > Connect Network Registry. If this is not able to connect, I would check your firewall or AV settings to see if they are blocking the connection.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, May 12, 2014 10:03 PM
  • Remote Registry is enabled and working. I can successfully connect to the remote registries of the non-reporting clients.
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 8:28 PM
  • Can you send an email to mapfdbk@Microsoft.com and reference that your question is from the forums. It'll be easier to work through troubleshooting this over email.

Friday, May 16, 2014 12:47 AM