Intel 82945G Driver problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have the Intel 82945G Express chipset and the Driver Version 7.14.10.1364 in my Gateway computer and the Windows Vista problem finder/solver says there's a problem with it and to install the latest driver.  I've already done that but that "problem" keeps getting found.  The Device Manager says the driver is up-to-date when I try to use the update function.  The only problem I have is that a few times a day the screen goes black for a few seconds and then comes back with a balloon saying Windows automatically fixed the problem - continue working.  I have the resolution set at the 1024X768 that it was set up with originally.  Should I be using something else?

Thursday, January 10, 2008 12:09 AM

Answers

• Hello Mike,

Thanks for your post!

Based on my research, Intel 82945G is claimed to be compatible with Windows Vista. Therefore, if you have correctly installed the updated driver for Windows Vista, the device should be working in the best situation.

The resolution you can switch to depends on the device specification. For your convenience, I’ve performed a search and found the following information page:

Supported display modes and resolutions

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022544.htm

Hope it helps! If I misunderstood your concern or if you have more questions on this topic, please let me know. I’m happy to be of further assistance! Thank you.

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, January 14, 2008 6:51 AM

All replies

• Hello Mike,

Thanks for your post!

Based on my research, Intel 82945G is claimed to be compatible with Windows Vista. Therefore, if you have correctly installed the updated driver for Windows Vista, the device should be working in the best situation.

The resolution you can switch to depends on the device specification. For your convenience, I’ve performed a search and found the following information page:

Supported display modes and resolutions

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022544.htm

Hope it helps! If I misunderstood your concern or if you have more questions on this topic, please let me know. I’m happy to be of further assistance! Thank you.

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, January 14, 2008 6:51 AM
  •  

I am experiencing the same problem with one of the machines here using the Intel 82945G Express embedded graphics chip running version 7.14.10.1364 of the driver.  Several times a day the machine goes black then comes back with a message saying that Vista has fixed a problem.  The monitor I use runs at a native resolution of 1440x900 and the machine seems to have no problem holding that resolution before and after the blackouts.  The question remains: why does the monitor keep blacking out and what can be done to fix it?
    Wednesday, April 23, 2008 12:42 AM