none
The notation of the King and Queen RRS feed

• Question

• Just got my new computer with windows 7 about a month ago, I love windows 7. One of the things I love about windows 7 is that I found the Titan chess game and it is free, how great is that. I have the chess game Fritz Chess on my old laptop running windows xp pro, so my version of Fritz was not compatible with Windows 7., anyhow after finding Titan chess on my Windows 7, I am all smiles.

Now for my problem, when I loaded a Titan chess game on my computer, I noticed that the notation of the King and Queen seems to be incorrect. As per Andrew Martin International Master (instructor on the Fritz chess game CD) the chess notation of the King and Queen on the Titan chess board is wrong. The white Queen should be on the white square and the black Queen should be on the black square? Anyone else have this problem or am I the only one.

Thanks

XR7

• Edited by xr7 Wednesday, September 28, 2011 3:47 PM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 3:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry to say it is by design.

If there are any suggestions, you can submit the feedback and suggestions to the Product Feedback Team : http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by xr7 Wednesday, October 5, 2011 2:02 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by xr7 Wednesday, October 5, 2011 2:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Magon LiuModerator Friday, October 7, 2011 3:44 AM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Sorry to say it is by design.

If there are any suggestions, you can submit the feedback and suggestions to the Product Feedback Team : http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by xr7 Wednesday, October 5, 2011 2:02 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by xr7 Wednesday, October 5, 2011 2:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Magon LiuModerator Friday, October 7, 2011 3:44 AM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 8:45 AM
  • I see it is by design, but the design is wrong, how do we fix it?
    Monday, October 3, 2011 1:02 AM
  • Sorry to say we can't change the rules now. I have create a feedback on the product team and hope in the future this can be changed by coding according to advanced customers' needs.

Your understanding is appreciated.

Regards,

Friday, October 7, 2011 3:44 AM
  • Why does my post not appear with the other poster?
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:42 PM