LogonUI.exe RRS feed

• Question

• I have (3) user accounts on my windows 7 system. I'm the administrator for the accounts. When switching user accounts the following error code window appears:

-----------------------------

LogonUI.exe

Device\Hardisk3\D23 

------------------------------

This is a new Dell Studio XPS8100 Core i7 System with an 8X BlueRay Writer & 16xDVD+/-RW

I've tried everything I know without much luck. Please help if you have an idea I'm all ears. Thank You,

Curtis

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 12:19 AM

Answers

• Hi,

How about logging off the current account, then logging in another user account? Did you upgrade Windows XP to Windows 7?

Based on my research, it seems to be caused by hard disk changes, thus the LogonUI.exe can’t navigate to the right hard disk. Please try changing the drive letter.

Reference:

Logonui.exe - No Disk when logging on or off

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Friday, July 16, 2010 8:09 AM
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 6:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How about logging off the current account, then logging in another user account? Did you upgrade Windows XP to Windows 7?

Based on my research, it seems to be caused by hard disk changes, thus the LogonUI.exe can’t navigate to the right hard disk. Please try changing the drive letter.

Reference:

Logonui.exe - No Disk when logging on or off

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Friday, July 16, 2010 8:09 AM
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 6:50 AM
  • Dale,

Thank you for taking the time to offer some helpful advice. Unfortunately, there's something else going on with this system. 

I've changed the user accounts administration rights. I removed all user log on requirements (i.e. passwords). There are (3) user accounts on this system and none of them require a password to log in and all have admin rights. Regarding Windows 7, this is a new system with Windows 7 pre-installed by Dell. There are (2) drives installed and both are empty. I've rebooted several times to no avail. The error message appears just after clicking on either one of the three respective accounts. It appears to occur irregardless of which account is opened.  The only thing I did upon set up of this new system is transfer some files over from my old XP system with the help of aBelkin easy transfer cable & disk. I did insert the disk into both machines before realizing it was not required to do so on the new system. Never the less the transfer was completed and all appeared to be functional. I did put that disk back into the new machine to see if it would clear the error, it did not. So, I'm perplexed, but I am able to access the system for daily activities, but the error code pops up every time we switch accounts. We've worked around it by simply clicking "
    Continue" twice when it appears and it clears. Just a nuisance at this time, especially on a new Windows 7 system. 

Thanks Again, 

Curtis 

Friday, July 9, 2010 3:28 AM