Sharing with USA RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I tried sharing my medical records (from israel ) with my family member in USA but very time i got next message:

Either the record is no longer available, it's not available to users in your location, or you already have access to it. Contact the person who sent you the invitation if you would still like to have this record shared with you.

what is the rerason for such  message and how can i share my records?

thanks

benny

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:11 AM

All replies

• Hi, Benny,

To support a global population of users, HealthVault stores accounts and information in independent storage locations around the world, each targeting a broad population of users. We currently have one storage location for the U.S. population, and one for the rest of the world. Unfortunately, today it’s not possible for a user with an account in one storage location to share their record with a user in a different storage location. We understand this is a frustrating limitation and are thinking about the best way to support this in the future.

For the time being, if you’d like to share your data with family members, you can ask your family members to create a new account in the same storage location as you, and to sign in to that account when accepting your sharing invitation. Ask your family members to specify the same country as you when creating their HealthVault account.

Again, we understand this limits the ability of distributed families to share their data easily with one another, and we're working on ways to make this easier. Thanks for understanding, and we hope you enjoy using HealthVault.

-Kathy-

Friday, June 14, 2013 11:02 PM
  • Thank you Kathy

I have tried specifying the same country region when we open the account for me and for my family member (who lives in USA and we are able to share the data but we facing other problem. One of us is not able to upload/dowload medical images through Connection center due to location. perhaps because one of us is not realy located in USA and has non USA ip.

What can i do?

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:56 AM
  • Hi, Benny, please try this.

The person who can't use Connection Center should uninstall it.

Then, they should go to http://www.healthvault.com\connection-center. Click Download Now. It will ask you to sign in, and then it will download Connection Center. This should give you the version of Connection Center that connects with the account.

I hope this helps.

-Kathy-

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:07 PM
  • Dear Kathy

I have tried what you suggested but i got next message. and i am not able to upload my medical file

Duplicate Aplication

An application has already been created for this identifier. 

thanks

benny

Saturday, August 17, 2013 10:40 AM
  • Hi, Benny,

If you're willing to try again, our developers suggest uninstalling and re-installing. From what you described, the previous uninstall seems to have not completed.

Although it shouldn't matter, another thing you could do for completeness sake: Before you reinstall, go into the HealthVault record on the website, click Apps & Devices on the left side of the home page, find HealthVault Connection Center in the list of the record's apps, click Change access, and then click Remove all access.

Please let me know if uninstalling and reinstalling solves the issue.

-Kathy-

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:31 PM