Exchange 2016 Server Licencing Trial period expiry RRS feed

• Question

• I've had a Exchange 2007 instance at home for test, play and general abuse to learn on, broken and fixed it several times.

This allows me to try things before I do anything in the live enviroment at work. I stress its not live, doesnt have any other use other than a test bed. Obviously it functions past the 180 day period and just warns every time I run the console.

In the coming months we're moving upto Exchange 2016 at work and I'd like to re-create my test bed at home. Which seems perfectly possible with the trial version.

Question is does Exchange 2016 at the end of the trial period simply carry on with the warnings as 2007 did ?

Saturday, October 22, 2016 11:25 AM

All replies

• After 180 days, EAC will start to show reminders that you need to enter a product key to licence the server.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124582(v=exchg.160).aspx

Please mark as answered if this post was useful.

Regards,

Gilles Tremblay
    MCSE Server | Desktop | Messaging | Collaboration | Productivity | Mobility | Cloud Platform and Infrastructure

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

DISCLAIMER: This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, and confers no rights. Always test before!

Sunday, October 23, 2016 11:13 PM