Vista doesn't resume from monitor standby RRS feed

• Question

• I did a brief search here and didn't find anything on the subject.

If my monitor powers down after the timeout given in the power management applet, vista will not resume.  When I move the mouse, I will get a mouse pointer on a black screen, but nothing else will happen.  Sometimes, pressing ctrl-alt-delete will bring up the menu, to which I can press cancel and vista will come back to life.  Most of the time, I have to press the power button on my pc.  If I only use a screensaver, this behavior never happens.  Anyone have an idea on how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Ryan

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 1:08 AM

Answers

• It seems you have a confilct between monitor driver and Windows Vista, try to uninstall your monitor driver if it's not compaitable with Windows Vista and give it a try. Create a restore point for precautions.

Good luck

Wednesday, March 7, 2007 6:57 PM

All replies

• a slight nudge
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 8:49 PM
  • It seems you have a confilct between monitor driver and Windows Vista, try to uninstall your monitor driver if it's not compaitable with Windows Vista and give it a try. Create a restore point for precautions.

Good luck

Wednesday, March 7, 2007 6:57 PM
  • Thanks for the tip, I installed the specific driver for my monitor, but i still get the same results.  I've set my monitor standby time to 1 minute.  After I move my mouse to wake the monitor up, I get a black screen with the mouse pointer.  It stays this way until it goes back to sleep, but just before it goes to sleep, my desktop appears for a split second before it fades back out.  Any other ideas?
    Thanks,
    Ryan
    Thursday, April 26, 2007 2:39 AM