MySite profile update post June SP2013 patching RRS feed

• Question

• Is anyone else getting errors when attempting to update MySite profiles (via mysite, not central admin) post applying the June SP2013 patches?

Thanks

• Edited by Dean808 Tuesday, July 26, 2016 5:20 PM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2016 5:12 PM

Answers

• Apologies for not responding sooner, this issue turned out to be the loss of permissions for a service account on one of the search DB's  post application of the CU. Once the permissions were put back in place everything worked fine.
    • Marked as answer by Dean808 Friday, August 5, 2016 12:24 AM
    Monday, August 1, 2016 11:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Dean, 

No, What error you are getting, please check the ULS error what is mentioning there and share to us.

KRISHANA KUMAR

SharePoint Architect

Mosstechnet-kk.com

Please click "Mark As Answer" if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 5:47 PM
  • Hi Dean808,

From your description, you get errors when edit use profiles from my site after applying June 2016 cu.

I have done a test in my SharePoint 2013 with June 2016 cu and I can't reproduce your issue.

Check Whether other users met the issue.

Make sure the user is being present in the hidden user list on the my site host site collection.

For more detailed information, refer to the following article:

http://blog.incworx.com/blog/consulting-from-the-trenches/unable-to-edit-user-properties-for-single-user-in-sharepoint-2013-account-not-found-or-is-not-system-account

Besides, Check the ULS log  to determine the exact cause of the error. ULS log is at:      
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 7:34 AM
  • Apologies for not responding sooner, this issue turned out to be the loss of permissions for a service account on one of the search DB's  post application of the CU. Once the permissions were put back in place everything worked fine.
    • Marked as answer by Dean808 Friday, August 5, 2016 12:24 AM
    Monday, August 1, 2016 11:46 PM
  • Hi Dean808,

I am glad to hear that the issue is solved.

Since your issue is solved, please remember to mark the reply as an answer..

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:42 AM