Entering Password on LogOn Screen stopps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There

Situation:
    We got a customized Installation, created with a Client Staging Tool, called Columbus. 

Problem:
    When the User tries to log on, on his pc, he must enter the password, normal as hell.
    The Strange thing about it: When i enter my password, wich is 15 Characters long, after 7 Characters the cursor stopps.
    What happends is, i can not write the other 8 Characters of my password. I have to Re-Click into the password-field to finish or Reenter the whole password. On the second try, after the cursor jumped away, i can enter my password without any cursor-jumping.

It's nothing got to do with our hardware, because we got this on our Notebooks and Desktops.

Have you ever heard of that and you got some good diagnostic-Ideas?

Thanks a lot and a good day,
    uerueluem
    Monday, February 9, 2009 10:06 AM

Answers

•  

Hi uerueluem, does the issue occur on every computer? I have once encountered similar issue which is caused by keyboard – Tab button keeps pressing.

You can enter Safe Mode and see if the issue still occurs:

1. Restart the computer.

2. Keep pressing the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears.

3. Choose Safe Mode by using the up and down arrows on your keyboard, and press Enter.

4. Start the computer in Safe Mode.

5. Check if the issue still occurs.

(Note: In Safe Mode, your system display and Desktop will look and perform differently than in Normal Mode. This is only temporary. To return the system back to Normal Mode, we can simply restart the computer. )

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 8:32 AM