none
Post installation task overwrites auto login credentials and autologin fails RRS feed

• Question

• We are trying to create a post installation task sequence that will do the following with mdt 2010:

- change computer name

- join domain

- install some apps

- change local password

My biggest problem so far with this idea is that the post installation task seems to ignore my autologon settings in my unattend.xml file. Its seems to have its own set up somewhere for the local account.

Essentially once I run the task and when it reboots as some stage it will not auto login. It wants to use the local admin account which is not what is set in my auto logon settings.

Everything else seems to work fine.

I dont think Im the only one having this problem as I have seen some other discussions on the web but I cant find a solution.

Has any one else tried this and are having or had the same problem? how did you get around it?

Cheers

Greg Turnbull

Thursday, June 6, 2013 12:05 PM

All replies

• Since you aren't applying an Operating System in your Task Sequence, the Unattend.xml won't be looked at or used.  But since you aren't using Unattend.xml, you'll need to set Autologon manually.  You can look at LTICleanup.wsf (starting at Line 129) to see where these are in reverse.  And don't worry about running LTICleanup.wsf manually, LiteTouch.wsf should do this for you at the end of your Task Sequence automagically.

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Thursday, June 6, 2013 1:14 PM
    Answerer
  • Greg,

Alternatively you can deploy (anytime) Logonexpert utility, then configure it remotely via command line (set logon credentials, enable auto logon etc.)

Monday, June 10, 2013 5:07 PM