none
Strange error message when creating Project Excel Template, can anyone explain? RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Jiggy,

Is a filter or grouping applied to the active project you are trying to export? If so, remove the filter/grouping and try again. As far as I know you cannot export a filtered view as an Excel Template but you can as Selected Data.

John

Friday, February 7, 2014 8:37 PM
  • thx John for your help. I don't think any thing at all is applied... I get the same message if I just create a new blank project and try the export. The resulting output looks fine - it's just the message that worries me. I am on the road training some folks in Africa in regards to the beauty of MS Project 2013, and this one is a bit embarrassing. Perhaps it's an OS thing?  The only substantial thing that's changed on my machine is that I went from Windows 8 to 8.1. Hmmm, also installed Visio. Well, thx again!

jigs

Jiggy Gaton, Trainer and Media Consultant for Nepal and S. Asia

Friday, February 7, 2014 10:35 PM
  • I am seeing the same error - but when I select "okay" it exports anyway.  Try exporting using a different map - not the Excel template and see if that works okay.
    Friday, February 7, 2014 11:38 PM
  • Jiggy & Julie,

Maybe it's unique to Project 2013. I didn't get any error when I exported to a Excel template using Project 2010.

Joh

Saturday, February 8, 2014 2:45 AM
  • I believe it is a 2013 error, John and doesn't surface in 2010.
    Saturday, February 8, 2014 7:07 PM
  • That must be it Julie, I will tell my students such. I have also tried in 2010, no problems there. 

Jiggy Gaton, Trainer and Media Consultant for Nepal and S. Asia

Saturday, February 8, 2014 9:59 PM