none
Hours by Resource by Week RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to use the Resource Usage View to return a list with the following: 

1) Grouped by Resource

2) Grouped by week (using start date)

It seems this would work by starting with the resource usage view and simply adding a group that groups on start with an interval of weeks.  However, the data that is returned groups on the first week of my project, but includes tasks that start in later weeks.  If this is an eight week project, I'm expecting to see eight groups of tasks with subgroups for each resource assigned.  I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 2:13 PM

Answers

• fltartaglione,

Sure, in the Resource Usage view set your first group criteria by Name. Then select the option to "group assignments, not resources". Now set the second group criteria by Start with the field type changed to "assignment".

That should give what you want.

And just for reference, in the two Usage views the indentured rows are assignments, not task or resources.

John

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:27 PM

All replies

• Since the time I posted this, I've figured out why what I tried wasn't working.  But I still don't know how to get what I want.  The reason I'm getting the results of only 2 groups is that in the Resource Usage view, I can only use "Start" by when the resource starts.  I'm need to pull together tasks grouped by resource and then grouped by Task Start, not Resource Start.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 2:58 PM
  • fltartaglione,

Sure, in the Resource Usage view set your first group criteria by Name. Then select the option to "group assignments, not resources". Now set the second group criteria by Start with the field type changed to "assignment".

That should give what you want.

And just for reference, in the two Usage views the indentured rows are assignments, not task or resources.

John

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:27 PM
  • Thanks so much John!  This worked exactly the way I needed it to.
    Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:39 PM
  • fltartaglione,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:56 PM