Skype for business status is incorrect RRS feed

• Question

• Some weird things is happening in Skype for business. I am upgraded to o365 but currently having some weird issue with Skype.

My Status in Skype for Business, and correspondingly in Outlook as well, is constantly shown wrong.
    It may show "Be right back" if I am continuously working on my computer, or it may switch to "Busy" even if I am not in a meeting or otherwise engaged.
    It is very erratic, and does not seem to have any systematic error, but it constantly gets it wrong.

Monday, November 18, 2019 12:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Deepa5881!

What is your current environment? On-premise or Online?

What is your client version? Is your client updated to the latest version?

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Please check if you can change your presence status manually.

In my research, Skype for Business status is related to calendar events. In order to narrow down the issue, you can follow these steps to check if this issue is related to calendar events:

1. In the Skype for Business main window, click Options.
    2. In Skype for Business - Options, click Personal.
    3. Uncheck the Update my presence based on my calendar information check box.
    4. Then, verify the skype for business client presence.

Besides, you can hold Ctrl key and right click the Lync icon in the taskbar and click on “Configuration Information” then scroll down till you find “MAPI Information & EWS Information” and check the status is reporting “OK” and “deployed”

For more details, you can refer to the following link:

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Change-your-presence-status-in-Skype-for-Business-9b64eef5-47b8-46d8-a744-f490e6f88feb

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/outlook-integration-error

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 18, 2019 7:58 AM
  • Hi Deepa5881!
    I am checking the status of this case. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.
    Meanwhile, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer to close the thread, it will help others who encounter the same issue and read this thread.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, November 26, 2019 1:09 PM