RDS 2016 Session Performance Monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• I have been tasked with enabling monitoring of our Server 2016 RDS Farm from SCOM 2012 R2.

I have installed the Windows Server 2016  RDS Management Pack - Ver 10.0.5.0 on the SCOM server, and deployed the agent to all of the servers in the Farm - all appears to be working fine, other than when I go to Monitoring > Microsoft Windows RDS > Performance > RD Session Host Session Statistics - I'm not seeing any data in there at all, there's not even any performance counters listed in the legend to select to view.

I have followed the info in this blog and overridden the "Total number of Active Sessions" to enable this - https://blog.orneling.se/2013/10/monitor-remote-desktop-services-2012-r2-with-scom/

If I look at each individual session host server (we have 8 session host servers in total) and open performance view I can see data for Total, Inactive, and Active sessions.

Ideally I need to be able to view this data for all session host server in performance charts.

Am I missing something, or is it maybe something to do with RDS 2016 (The above blog is for RDS 2012 R2, I couldn't find an equivalent for RDS 2016)?

Thanks

• Edited by d_antcliff Tuesday, November 21, 2017 1:22 PM
    Tuesday, November 21, 2017 1:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

These RDSH hosts are listed in that view and have been selected :

Have you wait  a period of time then check the data ?

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 24, 2017 4:31 AM
  • Thanks Elton,

The problem is I'm not getting the counters to select. I setup a test RDS 2012 R2 server (all the roles where on a single server) and enabled the same overrides and it worked fine - I don't know if this is something different with the RDS 2016 MP - or if it could be because the RDS roles are spread over different servers with multiple session host servers in our live environment or just something else that I've missed.  

• Edited by d_antcliff Tuesday, November 28, 2017 10:13 AM
    Tuesday, November 28, 2017 10:10 AM