none
Project Server 2010 - Custom Templates In Site Provision Not Working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Project Server noob, so that's probably the issue here.

I created a new project site using the default project template, then customised it (mainly look & feel, and updated issues & risks lists).

I then saved the site as a template, and checked it was there in site templates - it is.

I then went to PWA > Server Settings > Operational Policies > Project Site Provisioning settings.

I updated the 'Default Project Site Template' to use my new template (which DID show up in this list) and saved the settings.

I expected that all new projects would then create a project site based on my new template.

I got new project sites creating from the Microsoft default template still.

I have checked that I can manually create a site from my template, and it works perfectly, so fairly confident that my template is in good working order.

Seems to just be a site provisioning issue with the automatic creation of project sites.

Have I missed something?

Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:00 PM

Answers

• Folks,

Spent the last two days trying to work this out.  Typically, minutes after posting the question I think I've found the answer.

The templates are also based on the Enterprise Project Type, so I had to change the project template for each Enterprise Project Type too.

PWA > Server Settings > Workflow and Project Detail Pages> Enterprise Project Types.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:05 PM