ProClarity 6.3 gives error when retrieving a book from PAS RRS feed

• Question

• For one user, when trying to retrieve a book from Analytics Server, she gets an error:

An error occurred in the application: Invalid at the top level of the document

Everything works after okaying this but if she changes the book it pops up for every entry in the new book.

I tried applying SP2 but this did not solve the problem.  This only affects one person, and only on one PC - she has a laptop as well and does not experience the problem on that.

Any ideas?

Monday, June 28, 2010 1:35 PM

All replies

• Does applying ProClarity Professional SP2 or SP3 on this user's workstaiton have any effect?  If not, you might try re-installing ProClarity professional since it's only one user that's seeing the issue on one workstation.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=62fb965a-987e-4e40-924e-20456db4710d&displaylang=en

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, July 1, 2010 12:39 AM
  • I hav also started getting this issue at a new company I am working for. Did SP2 resolve this issue?
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:55 AM
  • Hi,

If for the same user, it works on one machine and not on the other, it could be a problem with the local ProClarity "Options.xml" file. Perhaps the xml in that has was corrupted. Have a look at that and see if stop anything unusual. It should be located at (...Documents And Settings\<username>\Applicaton Data\ProClarity\Client)

-Leighton

Monday, July 25, 2011 7:15 PM