none
Secondary 2010 DPM server in a different domain? RRS feed

• Question

• Looked all over but haven't found a guarantee that what I am thinking will work. The scenario - 10 different sites, each with their own separate domain and each with their own primary DPM server. None of those 10 sites trust each other. At an 11th site (which is also a different domain than the previous 10 sites), I have a secondary DPM server and lots of bandwidth. The goal is to be able to back up the Primary DPM servers at each of the 10 sites to the Secondary Server at the 11th site. My thought is that I will have to setup a two way trust between the Secondary Server domain and the 10 Primary Server domains. Then I should be able to deploy the agent from the Secondary Server onto each of the Primaries. Is what I am thinking correct? or do I even need to setup the two way trusts to back the Primaries up to the Secondary? thanks.

Monday, August 15, 2011 5:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Kevin!

Yes this is supported and your solution will work. Note that you must have a Two-way trust (as you self said) and the domain functional level must be at least 2003 in the domains you'll trust.

The best way to implement this is to see that you domain functional levels at the domains you'll attent to trust is 2008 or higher.

Best Regards

Robert Hedblom

MVP DPM

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

Monday, August 15, 2011 6:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Kevin!

Yes this is supported and your solution will work. Note that you must have a Two-way trust (as you self said) and the domain functional level must be at least 2003 in the domains you'll trust.

The best way to implement this is to see that you domain functional levels at the domains you'll attent to trust is 2008 or higher.

Best Regards

Robert Hedblom

MVP DPM

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

Monday, August 15, 2011 6:46 AM
  • thanks Robert!
    Monday, August 15, 2011 2:14 PM