none
Same User (with same PWA internal GUID) Assigned NEW user logon account in active directory. Her new tasks not showing. ?? RRS feed

• Question

• We are using SharePoint security mode.

We use active directory group syncing to populate our resource pool for associates, only. However, for contractors, we load them manually, entering their user logon account credential from active directory (We don't use grouping syncing for resource pool purposes for contractors as contractors' company managers are listed in such groups and this causes duplicate errors when syncing the resource pool as managers are also listed in the associate active directory group, too.)

It's the latter method that I am having an issue with. A contractor left, but then was re-contracted about three months later. Active directory assigned her a new logon account (domain ID). In her Resource Center listing, I edited her user logon account to reflect this. I could not keep her old one because it was no longer selectable--an error message would appear if I attempted to save her resource listing without making this change.
    Now, she can only see her old tasks in the Tasks and Timesheets panel. She can not see new tasks assigned to her since she has been re-contracted under her new user logon account.

She can be granted access the project site owners group in order to edit the project schedule. She can be assigned as a resource to a task. I do use the contractor active directory group as added to the project managers, team members, and resource managers SharePoint groups.

Is the fact that she cannot see new tasks related to this issue...or could it be something else?

Drew Abas Business Analyst III, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield

• Edited by DrewAB Wednesday, May 10, 2017 8:21 PM corrected typo
    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 3:14 PM

All replies

• hello Drew

Its a little hard to follow your process, however, I believe the issue is that the AD QUID for the problem user needs to be cleared.  This is done by editing the record using SQL server.

Once this is done, either the sync will correct it or when you edit the record from Manager Users, it will be repopulated. 

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Thursday, May 11, 2017 2:45 AM
  • Thanks Michael. Apologies for being a bit convoluted. I'll share this with our support team who can actually perform such an edit.

Drew Abas Business Analyst III, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield

Thursday, May 11, 2017 3:00 PM